Key Press Excerpt
1) …And the Scottish Opera Orchestra and Chorus, under the
superbly incisive direction of Vakhtang Matchavariani, played and
sang like heroes.--- Under Matchavariani, the Scottish Opera Orchestra
produced some of the finest Orchestral Magic I ever heard from this
band. The Glasgow Herald. U.K. MICHAEL TUMELTY.
2) …These works were magnificently conducted by Vakhtang
Matchavariani and I have never heard the Scottish Opera Orchestra
playing so brilliantly. The Spectator. U.K. R. MILNES.
3) …Both were done more than justice under the devil-driven
direction of Vakhtang Matchavariani… The performance was
gripping from first to last; the central C major climax was
an unashamed: COUP DE THEATHER in which music, light and movement
combined to knock the audience senseless.
Opera Magazine. R. MILNES.
4) V. Matchavariani…realized the truly lucid and evocative
nature of the score. Daily Telegraph U.K. K. WALTON.
5) …Conductor Vakhtang Matchavariani… drew atmospheric
performances. Sunday Times. U.K. P. DRIVER.
6) The voltage of the performance is greatly increased by the
playing of the Scottish Opera Orchestra under V. Matchavariani,…
- every detail tells and has purpose and points. He was expressive
and in his element with the Stravinsky’s Opera-Oratorio.
Financial Times. U.K. MAX LOPPERT.
7) MAJOR STEPS FOR AN IMPERIAL CONDUCTOR, V. Matchavariani is
technically the beast. He communicates well with his hands and
face, and trusts players. The Glasgow Herald. U.K. C. BOWEN.
8) The fresh and buoyant conducting of Vakhtang Matchavariani ensures
a performance of real vitality. He gained breath and the orchestra
rose well to the climax. The Independent. U.K. RAYMOND MONELLE.
9) …And in the Georgian conductor Vakhtang Matchavariani
they had a figure of almost demonic energy and memorable power
to see them through the evening. Manchester Evening News. U.K.
10) At the ROYAL ALBERT HALL – The large attentive audience
was rewarded by the powerful performances of Shostakovich’s
Symphony No.10. The Daily Telegraph U.K.
11) Conductor Vakhtang Matchavariani drew as good a performance
from the players as I can remember. Jewish Echo. U.K. E. KING.
12) If it works it is because of the stark lighting and fairly
robust account of the score under conductor Vakhtang Matchavariani,
his control of the orchestra revealed Bartok’s overlap
with Wagner and Janácek imaginatively enough. Scotland
on Sunday. U.K. JOHN MARRIOTT.
13) V. Matchavariani produced a romantic and deeply Mahlerian
interpretation. No doubt he is a master of the baton. Musikal-dia-Bilbao
Musica Clasica. SPAIN.
14) With ample gesture, constantly attentive and in full command,
Matchavariani rendered magnificently the color and volume of the
excellent orchestration of Rimsky-Korsakov’s SHEHEREZADE.
DEIA – SPAIN.